First Ten Days of Dhul-Hijjah.. more blessed than last ten days of Ramadan!

Assalamu alaikum my dear readers and fellow bloggers,

I haven't been blogging for more than a month now. My son has started nursery so I am quite busy with all the school run alhamdulillah. I have to get three of them fed and ready by 12:30 and get there by 1. I walk there , carrying my baby in a sling and my daughter in the push chair and my big boy walks with me alhamdulillah. Sometimes he does get a bit tired but I just keep reminding him that he is a strong boy mashallah :-) I return home by 1:15 or 1:20 and again at 3:15 I leave for the school. By 4 or 4:15 we are home. So Monday to Friday this has become a routine for us. Sometimes it does feels like a mission impossible especially when the weather is not that walk-friendly but I just try to keep reminding myself that Insha-Allah I will be getting reward from Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala for every second of struggle I am going through to raise our children Insha-Allah! So as you can see this is my (not so valid) 'excuse' for not blogging for all this time :-] I hope to start blogging  on a regular basis insha-Allah as I do miss blogging :-( For me blogging is very therapeutic alhamdulillah and it also gives me a great opportunity to do a journal of most of the sweet memories I am trying to create with my family and friends, alhamdulillah. I always remind myself that I am on a journey to my Lord and I won't be given this life again so I hope to do my best to lead a good life with lots and lots of wonderful memories INSHA-ALLAH.

Okay now to the main topic of this post Insha-Allah. The great days of Dhul Hijjah is here now. Actually today is the 5th day of Dhul Hijjah. Alhamdulillah I am so glad that I have been able to fast. Alhamdulillah thanks to British weather it is not that hard to keep fast :-) Maghrib is around 4:30 and we finish shehri by 5:10 and do our morning prayer. The days are so blessed that our scholars have recommended to fast and do lots of good deeds such as Hajj and Umrah, zikr (remembrance of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala), extra-prayers, animal sacrifice, charity, istigfar and so on. I was just listening to the talk by Shaykh Yasir Qadhi about the 10 days. It only takes 10 minutes to listen to the talk so please do tune in to know more about this blessed days insha-Allah. If you cannot fast all the 9 days then at least try to fast on the day of Arafa which is the 9th of Dhul hijjah. Here in the UK it's this Saturday 5th November insha-Allah. Please do try to do as much as possible. We don't know whether we will be given this chance again. Lots of my relatives and friends have left us this year. We just don't know when our time is going to come to go so we really need to wake up and do our best to please Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala, insha-Allah. May Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala forgive us and help us in using this days to our best of abilities to get closer to Him and gain His pleasure, ameen! Please keep us in your precious duas. Below I have added the talk by the shaykh and also some more useful talks by other shaykhs . May Allah subhanu wa ta'ala reward all of them for their efforts , mashallah, ameen.
First ten days of Dhul Hijjah by Shaykh Yasir Qadhi
Another good talk by Shaykh Sajid Umar ( Al-Kauthar)
10 days of Dhul Hijjah by Sheikh Dr Haitham Al-Haddad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tajweed notes on makharij

Five years Alhamdulillah :-)

A precious bond