Jumuah (Friday) reminder

Assalamu alaikum my precious readers and fellow bloggers,
Jumuah Mubarak!
Alhamdulillah Allah subhana wa ta'ala has blessed us with another Friday. This is a great opportunity to reconnect with His book to please Him.
Reciting and reflecting upon Suran Kahf is highly recommended during Friday for Muslims. I remember when I first recited the surah , it took me one and a half hour to complete the recitation. I thought it is going to be a very daunting task for me to recite the surah every Friday! But alhamdulillah I carried on and I must tell you, trust me, if we try and our intention is pure ( just to please Him) Allah subhana wa ta'ala makes it very easy for us. He is indeed very Gentle and Kind to us. Now a days, it takes me almost 45 minutes reciting the whole surah, given kids are not in need of my attention :-) alhamdulillah. When you start reciting the Qur'an, first make as much intention as possible, so that you can get more ajr (reward) bi'idnillah. For example, intentions can be to please Allah subhana wa ta'ala, following the sunnah of our beloved Rasulullah  Sallallahu Alahi Wa Sallam, being a role-model for our children ( if they get into a habit of seeing us reciting the Qur'an on a regular basis, they will hopefully pick up the habit, in future, bi'idnillah), getting baraka, practicing our tajweed, memorizing the ayat and list goes on and on...
Having said that, I think it's very important for us to also read the meaning and if possible, the explanation of the surah too. Because the whole point of reciting the Book is to reflect and to implement the lessons in our daily life, bi'idnillah. If you are not able to read the meaning and the explanation, then listen to talks based on surah Kahf. Do we really have any valid excuse not to understand the Qur'an, given all the excellent resources available to us, thanks to the internet ? 
Even if we are struggling to recite the surah Kahf, we can listen to some wonderful videos to help us get into recitation mode, bi'idnillah. Try listening to Sheikh Mishary Al-afasy's recitation of Suran Kahf.  It's very beautiful mashAllah. I like the way, his tone changes according to the verse he is reciting. 
For understanding the surah , listen to the great video below:

Surah Kahf Better than a 3D movie by Sheikh Aslam AbuIsmaeel

MashAllah a beautiful explanation. Most of us are kind of obsessed with movies. The way he compares the story of the surah with modern day movies is brilliant. And listening to this talk, you will be able to relate to the surah. I also love Sheikh Aslam's accent :-) 
I hope you all have a lovely and very productive Jumuah today. Please keep us in your precious duas. Jumuah Mubarak :-)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tajweed notes on makharij

Five years Alhamdulillah :-)

A precious bond