Ramadan Reflections: Day 23

In the Name of Allah the Most Merciful...

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah my dear readers,

Today I have been very busy as the new issue of Aaila is due tomorrow inshAllah. On top of that, the neighbor's tall tree just decided to fall today in our front garden. This was really weird as it wasn't that windy today. For almost an hour , phone line was out of order. Our drain pipe has been broken which we have replaced quite recently. I was busy contacting the relevant people to sort out the problem. I reported the incident to the council and asked the other neighbors to do the same as this can make them respond quickly. 

In the morning I had to go to the library to return one of the kid's book and was planning to spend the rest of the day, editing and uploading the articles for Aaila. But we plan and Allah subhanau wa ta'ala plans too. And He is the best of planners. While the phone line was cut and I didn't have any internet, I was actually quite glad as I thought I got enforced cyber i'tikaf! Alhamdulillah felt quite stress free at that hour but it didn't last that long! Alhamdulillah the BT engineer came and he fixed it quite quickly! So here I am, can't really have any excuse! InshAllah I hope by tomorrow , I can get the issue online INSHALLAH! Please keep me in your precious duas. May Allah subhanau wa ta'ala accept this humble deed of mine, ameen!

So before I put my editor hat on, just want to share one of my  favourite duas with you. I love duas and feel very blessed to have them in my life. Without duas, life feels like hell. Subhannallah no wonder, duas are the essence of worship. Please keep your tongue moist with duas from the Qur'aan and the Sunnah of our beloved prophet Muhammad Salllallahu Alaihe Wa Sallam. And please do include us in your precious duas.

" I turn my face towards the One Who created the heavens and the earth, as a true believer. I am not of those who associate partners with Allah. Verily, my prayer and my devotion, my life and my death, are for Allah, Lord of the worlds. He has no partners. Thus I have been commanded and I am among those who have submitted. O Allah! You are the King, there is none worthy of worship but You. You are my Lord and I am Your slave. I have wronged my own soul and confess my sin. Forgive all of my sins, surely none forgives sins but You. Guide me to the perfection of my character, for none guides to its perfection but You. Protect me from the evils of my character, for none may protect me from its evil but You. I am here at Your service. All goodness is in Your Hands, and evil is not attributed to You. I am (created) by You and I am (returning) to You. You are Most Blessed, Most Exalted. I seek Your forgiveness and repent to You. " Muslim



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tajweed notes on makharij

Five years Alhamdulillah :-)

A precious bond